A human erection is a complex event that involves the brain, hormones, blood vessels, nerves and muscles inside the penis. When these work together properly, the penis fills with blood to produce an elongated and hard erection. In simple terms, an erection is a blood-filling and blood-storing event, which takes place inside a man’s penis.
A vacuum pump pulls blood into the penis to produce an erection. A tension ring holds the blood in the penis, keeping the erection long enough to have sexual intercourse. When the ring is removed, the erection quickly goes away.
An erection achieved with the System usually has greater girth or thickness, since the blood vessels are filled to their maximum potential. However, the ErecAid System is not an enlargement device; it simply allows the penis to obtain its largest natural state.
The difference between the ErecAid® Esteem® Manual System and the ErecAid® Esteem® Battery System is that the Manual Esteem® Model has a lever on the hand pump, where the Battery Model has a push-button instead. The Battery Model is operated by three AA batteries, and is intended for men with limited manual dexterity. If you have hand strength where you can squeeze a simple hand lever, the Esteem® Manual System will be just fine for you. The hand pump on both of these models fits directly onto the cylinder to become one complete unit when assembled. The benefit of this is that it leaves one hand free to slide the tension ring off the cylinder, and onto the body. Both Esteem® Models come with pump, cylinder, ring loader, 4 tension rings, lubricant, carry bag, user guide and DVD.
The ErecAid® Classic System is a manual model, with a lever style hand pump, but does not come with a ring loader. It is also a two handed operation as one hand is holding the cylinder, and the other is holding the hand pump. The hand pump is separate to the cylinder, with a piece of thin, flexible tubing, connecting the hand pump to the cylinder. The Classic System requires enough manual dexterity to stretch the tension rings onto the cylinder with fingers and thumbs. If you don’t think your hands are strong enough to do this (eg chronic arthritis), we recommend the Esteem® Manual System. The Classic System comes with hand pump, cylinder, 4 tension rings, lubricant, carry bag, user guide and DVD.
In essence, the Esteem® Models are more streamlined in presentation and use. The Classic Model is provided in the range for those who are seeking a more affordable option. All three models are easy to use.
The Esteem® Manual System is our most popular model because it has the ring loader; is streamlined and a one-handed operation; and doesn’t make the mechanical noise that the Battery System does.
No, a formal prescription is not required in Australia, in order to purchase the product. Most health funds will require a letter of referral from a specialist.
However, it is important that each man consults with a medical professional prior to purchase.
Multi Medical Group offers a lifetime warranty on the pump, cylinder and ring loading cone. For example, if the hand pump started to lose pressure 5 years after purchase, simply contact us, return the hand pump and we will repair or replace it. The warranty applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
The purpose of the 90 day money-back guarantee, is to enable us to have the opportunity to assist the patient in obtaining the best possible result. If you are having any difficulties, simply call our technicians; they will work with you over the telephone to solve the problem an offer solutions or re-assure you. If, after receiving instructions from a technician at least twice, a satisfactory result is not reached, you can request authorisation to return the product.
The initial purchase is a one-off cost for the patient. The only ongoing expenses would be the replacement of minor consumables such as tension rings (1-2 years after purchase), and the water based lubricant (approximately 6 months after purchase).
Unfortunately, the ErecAid® Systems are not provided for by Medicare in Australia. The majority of private health funds do provide partial coverage (usually about $300 to $500, depending on the fund), but this varies enormously. Each patient is advised to check with his provider on extras coverage.
Yes, eligible War Veterans (all Gold Card Holders or White Card Holders specifying ED) are entitled to have the cost borne by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA). DVA do require a referral from a Specialist, specifying that they recommend the Osbon® ErecAid® System for the patient. Please post, fax or email the referral to us and we will take care of the rest.
- The fact that the ErecAid System is a Medical Quality Vacuum Erection device. Negative pressure in the cylinder is well contolled. CE Certified Medical Device. Approved by the FDA and the TGA in Australia.
- Our special tension rings, which have two pressure-points, designed to create the optimal pressure. Each system purchased, includes 4 tension rings, of varying size and tension. By using a combination of these rings, patients have 7 different levels of tension available to them, and in this way, they are able to achieve a far superior result than other products on the market.
- Quality of workmanship in the design of the system. Patients who have used other systems in the past (which haven’t worked), and then use the Osbon® system, comment on the obvious quality improvement.
- Our money back guarantee and life-time warranty on major parts.
- Our technical expertise, and follow-up service. Patients are welcome to contact our clinical technicians on our-toll free number with any questions or concerns they may have, this is an ongoing service provided to all our valued customers.
- Men with previous history of spontaneous priapism (an erection that lasts more than four hours). This may be extremely painful and may cause permanent damage to the penis.
- Men how have sickle cell trait or disease, or hypercoaguability (excessive blood clotting) are more likely susceptible to suffer from priapism.
- Men who have a bleeding disorder or who bruise easily. Use of a vacuum device may cause painful bruising of the penis in these men.
- Talk to your Doctor if any complications occur while using this device. Stop using the device if complications continue.
- Do not leave the ring on your penis for more than 30 minutes. Do not fall asleep wearing the ring. Leaving the ring on too long may damage your penis by keeping blood from flowing into it.
- Allow at least 60 minutes between uses of the ErecAid. Using the rings too often may cause bruising at the base of the penis, where the penis is joined to the body.
- If you have symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction, not being able to get or keep an erection that allows you to have sex, talk to your doctor before using the ErecAid to prevent a delay in discovering and treating the cause. Common causes of Erectile Dysfunction are heart disease, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cirrhosis of the liver, chronic renal failure and alcoholism.
- Ask your Doctor about using the ErecAid System if:
- you are taking anti-coagulant, blood-thinning medicine;
- you have a penile implant; or
- if you have Peyronie’s disease, leukemia or other blood disorders where bleeding or clotting may be a problem. The effect of the ErecAid System on the components of implanted penile prostheses have not been adequately investigated. Therefore, if you have a penile prosthesis, consult with your Doctor prior to use.
- Do not use the ErecAid under the influence of drugs or alcohol. These substances may reduce your sensitivity to pain or impair your ability to follow directions properly.
- The ErecAid may bruise the blood vessels just below the surface of the skin, which may cause petechiae when you first begin using your System. Petechiae are very tiny spots beneath the skin. This is a response to placing the penis under vacuum pressure too long, too quickly or after a long period of inactivity. If this happens, discontinue use of the system until discoloration completely disappears, which can take about 5 to 7 days.
- Always use the least amount of vacuum pressure necessary to produce an erection. Using too much pressure or increasing the vacuum pressure too quickly may cause discomfort, pain or bruising. Release vacuum pressure immediately if pain occurs.
- Improper use of the vacuum pump could result in the swelling of the penis and/or serious, permanent injury to the penis. Improper use may also worsen pre-existing medical conditions such as Peyronie’s disease, Priapism and urethral strictures.
- If you notice a bend or curve in your penis when you first use the ErecAid, consult with your Doctor.
- If your hands are impaired, you should not use this product. You must have full use of your hands to safely use the rings and pump. If you do not have enough strength in your hands, you may not be able to remove the ring. Delayed ring removal could damage your penis.
- The vacuum pump may not be safe for men who cannot feel pain in the area around their penis. If you have diabetes, you may have a reduced ability to feel pain. Pain may be a sign that your penis is being bruised.
- Tension rings are not a means of birth control. Do not rely on tension rings to avoid pregnancy.
- After a period of inactivity when the pump has not been utilized, practice session will again be necessary to recondition penile tissue prior to resuming sexual activity. If you will not be having sexual activity on a regular basis, continue therapy practice sessions on a regular basis unless otherwise instructed by your Doctor.
The tension rings have been designed for use with the complete ErecAid® System. Replacement rings can of course be purchased for those with an existing ErecAid® System.
The tension rings are re-usable and last about 12-18 months, depending on use. They should be washed in warm soapy water, and thoroughly dried before packing away.
The Osbon® water based lubricant is a specifically designed gel based lubricant. The 5oz tube lasts on average 6 months or so. It is important to always use a water based lubricant, and never petroleum based lubricants, as they will permanently damage the rings.